Sunday, December 12, 2010

I've joined the revolution...

I watched Julie and Julia last night and it got me thinking, why not start a blog? I sat on the couch and told myself, "You can write, you're always looking for motivation and having an outlet to share your thoughts sounds like fun."

As I sat staring at the blog sign-up, trying to come up with a clever title, I realized that what I am really trying to do right now is make the most of my life.  So, why not just get straight to the point, right? Hence, "Making the most of it" was born.  I have no idea how often I will update this blog and what I might decide to share along the way, but hopefully I will prove to be somewhat entertaining, perhaps thought-provoking at times, and always as honest as possible.

I am 28 years old and in the last two years I have learned a life lesson that no one ever really prepares you for - your life will not turn out the way you thought it would.  Not that it might not, it will not.  Now, this is not necessarily a bad a thing - yet another thing a have learned along the way.  Sometimes, it is actually a miraculous thing.

But, as I sit here, contemplating every word that I type, I realize that a few of those things that I don't like about my life are actually things I can control.  Maybe I'm too lazy (working out...), maybe I don't think it's worth it (finding a hobby) or maybe I just don't believe enough in myself to give it a shot (writing...oh wait, I'm writing the blog!).  So, I think that is what this blog is going to be about - it's going to be me against the world.  Me trying on new hats, finding new adventures, and forcing my life down paths I didn't think I could go on.

I hope you'll hang on for the ride, and that I stick with this enough to make it worth your while! I'm going to take a day or two to determine my first adventure and will report back.    

2 comments:

  1. Super proud of you - I'll follow and if you decide not for you, I'll still be proud :) Can't wait to hear what is next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched that movie this afternoon, and it made me think about our blog conversation from last night.

    Good luck with this fun endeavor; I can't wait to read about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete