Monday, December 13, 2010

Ohhhhh the choices

Last night, after giddily (that's a word, right?) posting my first-ever blog post, I decided to start making my "bucket list" of things I wanted to do.  I came up with a grand list.  I was very proud of myself.

BUT, then, this morning as I was getting ready for work it hit me out of nowhere - my little inner voice shouted at me, "Your list is mostly SELFISH!"  Though this list needs to be somewhat selfish - I am trying to accomplish some of the goals I pushed to the side in my life - it also should be about becoming a better person.  Life is only fun when you're having fun with other people living it, so, I have decided to revamp my list before you even got to see it to include more random acts of kindness, volunteer opportunities and overall "don't be a schmuck" activities. 

Who knows, you might get lucky if you're behind me in line at Starbucks some day :)

If you know of any great volunteer organizations (that won't scare the beeswax out of me) please share!!

No comments:

Post a Comment